A message from Shafer’s Collision Repair Center regarding COVID-19
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is having a major effect on business around the world. Because a collision or auto body repair is something that should not be put on hold especially when safety factors are concerned, we are operating “business as usual”. “Usual” is just a bit different now. We are taking special precautions within our facilities to protect, serve, and support our customers and employees, as well as all of our families.
To continue to uphold our commitment to provide our outstanding service to our employees and customers, we are :
- Allowing customers to have their vehicles repaired without physical social contact. This is accomplished over the phone, via email, and the option of Facebook Messenger. We also offer online estimate requests prior to repair blueprinting. We can even do a video call if you would like.
- Working with insurance companies to suspend their requests for multiple damage repair estimates or meeting with their appraiser for repairs. We have successfully worked alternative plans several insurance companies, thereby protecting our customer, our employees as well as their appraisal staff.
- Limiting the number of people who enter our facility.
- Our vendors now have special instructions and handling directives including NOT entering our facility for deliveries.
- To protect our staff and customers, we are not accepting any in person sales or solicitations, or in person employment applications.
- Vehicles are dropped off and picked up in time slots that preclude more than one customer/family being on premises at a time.
- We will pick up drivable vehicles when requested and can return them to your residence when repairs are completed. We have many customer with underlying health issues or caring for those with health issues. We want to do our part to help protect anyone from possible infection.
- Insurance appraisal staff who choose to do in-person inspections must have appointments so that vehicles can be moved out of the building for inspection. Prior to inspecting vehicle, appraiser must be wearing minimum requested PPE anytime they touch or enter vehicle.
- No non-employee individuals are permitted in our working area for any reason at this time without specific appointment and answering general health questions as well as wearing minimum requested PPE.
- Maintaining a clean facility.
- Frequently cleaning and disinfecting communal surfaces such as door handles, countertops, floors, etc. and shared items such as pens, vehicle keys and computers.
- Increasing the availability of hand sanitizer to every individual.
- Hand washing by employees following any type of contact, including processing of newly received parts or supplies.
- Encouraging employees to stay home if they don’t feel well, or have someone in their household who has experienced symptoms.
Your health is very important to us as well as the well-being and balance of our community. We appreciate your continued confidence in our service and hope you will help us continue to be a viable business throughout this pandemic and while we all learn how to best stay healthy with regard to COVID-19. We will continue to provide you with updates as this situation evolves.